In partnership with the Relay Graduate School of Education, the KIPP Texas Public Schools- Houston Graduate Teaching Fellowship provides a unique opportunity for aspiring teachers to learn alongside mentor teachers, while earning a master’s degree in teaching and a Texas teaching certificate. This prestigious, paid, two-year fellowship immerses Fellows in intensive training through coursework and deliberate practice with a gradual on-ramp into teaching. Paired with master teachers during their first year, Fellows gradually take on more instructional responsibilities before stepping into the classroom full time their second year in the program.
KIPP Texas Public Schools- Houston Graduate Teaching Fellowship Overview
- The fellowship is for those who are excited to earn a master’s degree while honing their teaching skills and craft.
- Fellows are placed in elementary (grades PK-4) and secondary math, science, social studies and English language arts (grades 5-12) classrooms.
- Relay Graduate School of Education classes meet three times monthly and include an online component.
- All applicants should hold a four-year degree by June 2019 with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- The fellowship is designed as a pathway to a lead teaching position at KIPP Texas Public Schools-Housotn.