KIPP SHINE Prep, KIPP’s first early childhood and elementary school, was founded in 2004. We are a dual-language school currently serving 800 students in PreK 3 through fourth grade. KIPP SHINE Prep’s mission is to nurture and strengthen our students’ creativity, knowledge, character, and thinking skills preparing them to excel academically, physically, socially, and spiritually in the nation’s finest schools, colleges, and in life.
The SHINE team and family demonstrates an unwavering commitment to our mission and to ensuring that our students are prepared to climb the mountain to and through college. Our teachers inspire, motivate, encourage, challenge and develop our students to be the best they can be, every day. We are committed not only to our students – one shine. – but also to the national KIPP movement and the success of every KIPPster across the country – one love. We believe that we can change the trajectory of our students' lives and that all of our students have the ability to achieve greatness.
What makes SHINE a special place to work and learn?
- “I appreciate the forward thinking, the growth mindset amongst my teammates and the daily commitment to making a difference in the lives of our children.”
- “The values we teach our children and the desire to develop well-rounded students who believe they can be whatever they want to be when they graduate from college!”
- “High expectations! I am pushed every day to grow as an instructional leader in my classroom and I am also surrounded by incredibly talented teachers who want to help me the best I can be!”
- “I know my teacher loves me. I know that she is working hard to help me grow my brain. She sends home special work for me and she talks to my parents about what I’m learning.”
- “Every morning, my teacher hugs me and says she is happy to see me at school. She is proud of me when I do well and helps me when I am having a hard time with something.”
- “My teacher has high expectations for all of us. She pushes us but I know it’s because she wants to make sure we are ready for college. I try to give 100% every day in her classroom; she expects it and I know it’s what I need to do to achieve my goals.”
KIPP SHINE Prep is proud to partner with Recipe for Success.