KIPP Houston Public Schools is looking for passionate, talented people ready to teach, lead and inspire students. At KIPP, you will be a member of a collaborative group of educators who believe that all children, no matter their background, can go to and through college. KIPP is a dedicated,results-focused community with high academic and character standards for all students.
What if you were a KIPP teacher?
1) What if character counted as much as academics? We believe character education is as important to our students’ success as the development of their academic skills. We devote time to our students’ character growth every day and track their progress.
2) What if you have the freedom to innovate? We let our teachers teach. We guide, equip, and empower you to do what you do best. We actively encourage innovation and collaboration among colleagues across grade levels, subjects, and schools. Teaching at KIPP Houston means you’re constantly surrounded by a team and family of educators, but, ultimately you are in control of your classroom.
3) What if you have a team and family? Your KIPP Houston colleagues have your back inside and outside the classroom and they will hold themselves and all students to the same high expectations you do.
4) What if students have a strong commitment to success? Our students’ families are meaningful partners in our work. Their engagement and support are essential and we work hard to earn it.
5) What if students have high expectations? KIPP Houston support doesn’t stop once students graduate high school. That’s where our KIPP Through College team grabs the baton to provide guidance, resources, and more. Every day, KTC helps hundreds of KIPP Houston alumni prepare for, succeed in, and graduate from college.
6) What if you could teach where you never stop learning? We provide individualized instructional coaching, assessment resources, and the best curriculum materials used by successful teachers. At KIPP, you’ll be part of a national network of 3,000 KIPP teachers who participate in professional learning communities, leadership development programs, and extensive resource-sharing.
7) What if you have the support to excel? Materials and resources bring your ideas to life. Your innovation and imagination are backed by access to the supplies, tools, and educational technologies you need to support your work and creativity in the classroom.
8) What if you made all the difference? Over the years, our most effective practices and innovations have been adopted across the KIPP network. It feels great to know that our work makes a difference not only to our students, but also to many others nationwide.